You will assist with the turnaround of our temporary exhibitions.
• It primarily involves preparing the walls of the exhibition gallery before the next exhibition is installed
• The role could also include painting, hanging artworks, mounting labels, exhibition research and administration
• Ability to use a paintbrush and roller for painting
• Good attention to detail and production of high quality work
• Careful, diligent attitude around history centre artefacts
• Ability to follow guidelines
• A friendly nature
• Physically able
Training will include the following:
• Tour of the History Centre
• Comprehensive Induction process covering the fire evacuation procedure and responsibilities of volunteers
• Role specific training
Time Commitment Requested
We are flexible with the time that volunteers can commit for this role. You will be added to a list of Exhibition Volunteers and will be emailed when an exhibition changeover is approaching to see if you are available to help.
We would however ideally welcome an initial commitment of 6 months.
There will be a trial period of 3 months to ensure that this is the right role for you.
Amesbury History Centre is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all and welcomes applications from all volunteers with suitable skills and interests.