Front of House Volunteer
You will be part of our friendly visitor service team, working in a busy retail environment, interfacing with the public and helping to deliver a high standard of customer service.
The role will involve, some or all of the below activities:
• Welcoming visitors in a friendly and informative way
• Working with other volunteers in managing visitors entering the history centre
• Helping with purchases including entry tickets
• Informing visitors about the history centre collections, exhibitions, and events
• Working with other volunteers to keep all areas, clean and well-stocked
• Working on an electronic till (till training will be given)
• To work as part of team on a rota
• Interest in Amesbury’s history to ensure that the visitor experience is a positive one
• Good communication skills with different visitors and volunteers
• The ability to be confident, calm and cheerful when dealing with visitors
• Enjoyment of working within a busy team
• Computer skills
• Reliability and commitment to the team. As this role involves working with money, we will take up references.
Full training will be provided for the role and on-going support offered. Training will be offered in the following:
• Tour of the History Centre
• Comprehensive Induction process covering the fire evacuation procedure and responsibilities of volunteers
• Understanding any ticket offers and the importance of gift aid to the history centre. Be able to explain this to visitors if asked
• Till training
• Regular briefings on exhibitions
• Visitor Services training
• Accessibility training
Time Commitment Requested
Front of House Volunteers will work in shifts of 3.0 hours in duration. From Monday - Saturday the shifts will be from 10.00am-1.00pm and 1.00pm-4pm.
A regular weekly or fortnightly shift is required to ensure skills are maintained.
There will be a trial period of 3 months to ensure that this is the right role for you.
Amesbury History Centre is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all and welcomes applications from all volunteers with suitable skills and interests.