Maintaining the grounds, gardens, and outbuildings to a high standard, ensuring all visitors receive a good first impression of the site. Help to maintain the history centre’s new building, situated in Church Street.
• Install and repair fixtures & fittings
• Small plumbing repairs, blocked toilets/ sinks, fitting toilet seats, sink tap & pipework leaks
• Fixing blinds, mounting signage, furniture moving and repair
• Escort sub-contractors around site as and when required
• Any other duties as reasonably required
• Keep flower beds free from weeds
• Cutting & pruning of hedges and bushes
• Watering grounds as required
• Leaf blowing of pathway, driveway, and carpark
• Responsible for maintaining and servicing of machinery and tools
• Ensure all tools are cleaned and stored after use
• Upkeep of outdoor furniture
• Keep site clear of rubbish and litter
• Clean bin area weekly
• Dispose of waste following the recycling procedures
• Portray a professional image at all times dealing with visitor’s requirements in a warm welcoming and effective manner.
• To communicate regularly with the Site Manager
To take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of visitors, volunteers, property, and the building.
• Wear appropriate PPE
• Previous experience within property maintenance
• An interest in gardening
• A friendly nature
• Ability to work on your own or as part of a team
• Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
• Prolonged periods standing and walking
• Ability to work at height
• Good communication skills
Training will include the following:
• Tour of the History Centre
• Comprehensive Induction process covering the fire evacuation procedure and responsibilities of volunteers
• Role specific training
Time Commitment Requested
We are flexible with the time that volunteers can commit for this role.
We would welcome an initial commitment of 6 months.
There will be a trial period of 3 months to ensure that this is the right role for you.
Amesbury History Centre is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all and welcomes applications from all volunteers with suitable skills and interests.